Joe Grant is a certified Physical Therapist and Athletic Trainer with a Masters in Sports Medicine. He has over 30 years' experience in treating the young and aging, both athletes and non-athletes. He is an athlete himself—an avid runner, alpine skier and golfer—and has completed 13 marathons.
Joe takes a hands-on approach to improve normal range of motion and uses a combination of manual therapy techniques such as (but not limited to):
- Muscle energy
- Myofascial Release
- Joint mobilization
- Mobilization with movement
Joe will meet with you to understand your physical issues, limitations and goals then customize a treatment plan for you. He will work with you to restore normal tissue and joint mobility, decrease pain and increase strength where needed.
Joe will also provide you with a customized home exercise program geared towards maintaining normal range of motion, improving strength and helping you to reach your goals. It may include any of the following types of exercises:
- Open and closed chain strengthening exercises
- Core Stabilization exercises
- Back Stabilization exercises
- Functional movement and strengthening exercises
Joe can help you recover from acute and chronic conditions such as:
- Low back and neck pain
- Shoulder and rotator cuff pain
- Orthopedic Surgeries including:
- ACL reconstruction
- Rotator Cuff repair
- Total Hip and Knee Replacements
Joe is also available for movement evaluation and coaching on:
- Running stride & gait analysis
- Golf swing mobility & strengthening
To schedule an appointment call 802-496-2422.